Springboard to a career with a Ph.D.
So now you have your Ph.D. and you are keen to pursue a career in science? Once again, Max Planck is the right choice.
You are embarking on the post-doc stage of your career. What matters now is to shine, through exciting projects, important publications and periods of residence at prominent institutes specializing in your subject area. In short: You have to gain scientific experience to qualifiy for next level positions. As a post-doc you will be assigned to a department of a Director at the Max Planck institute. But the next step might be leading a research group of your own.
How to apply
You can give your passion for science free rein at over 80 Max Planck Institutes: So take the initiative, contact an institute that matches your area of research, and submit an application. Calls for applications for post-docs are also published in specialist magazines and journals. Or you can check out our online Jobs Exchange.
The Max Planck Society will support you and help you to acquire a substantial degree of career security, while at the same time advancing science in your specialist field.
Support in detail – what we offer:
- After gaining your doctorate, you will get an employment contract
- At most institutes, the opportunity exists to take advantage of local child care facilities
- The Planck Academy organizes in-house seminars that ensure efficient onboarding, support you in developing research, written and oral communications skills, and prepare you for academic teaching and future leadership tasks. Additional focus areas include e.g. project management, entrepreneurship, self-development & career planning, and health & work-life balance.
- Contact with other postdocs
- LeadNet: the group for the post-doc community is open for you
- Specifically for female scientists: We offer the Sign Up programme of career development workshops; female mentors are available via Minerva-FemmeNet and assist you in planning your future