Springboard to a career with a Ph.D.
So now you have your Ph.D. and you are keen to pursue a career in science? Once again, Max Planck is the right choice.
You are embarking on the post-doc stage of your career. What matters now is to shine, through exciting projects, important publications and periods of residence at prominent institutes specializing in your subject area. In short: You have to gain scientific experience to qualifiy for next level positions. As a post-doc you will be assigned to a department of a Director at the Max Planck institute. But the next step might be leading a research group of your own.
How to apply
You can give your passion for science free rein at over 80 Max Planck Institutes: So take the initiative, contact an institute that matches your area of research, and submit an application. Calls for applications for post-docs are also published in specialist magazines and journals. Or you can check out our online Jobs Exchange.
The Max Planck Society will support you and help you to acquire a substantial degree of career security, while at the same time advancing science in your specialist field.
Support in detail – what we offer:
- After gaining your doctorate, you will get an employment contract
- At most institutes, the opportunity exists to take advantage of local child care facilities
- Centrally organised inhouse seminars impart knowledge in soft skills and leadership
- LeadNet: the group for the post-doc community is open for you
- You get access to maxNet, the Max Planck social network
- Specifically for female scientists: We offer the Sign Up programme of career development workshops; female mentors are available via Minerva-FemmeNet and assist you in planning your future