Declaration on Accessibility
We, (Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science e.V.), as the operator of this website, endeavour to design our website in compliance with the applicable regulations on accessibility. We are guided by the following legal provisions:
Disability Equality Act (BGG) and Barrier-Free Information Technology Ordinance (BITV 2.0).
This declaration on accessibility applies to the website https://www.mpg.de/.
This website is partially compliant with accessibility requirements due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
No full accessibility
- Easy language: not available.
- Sign language: not available.
- Accessible PDF documents: We are working on the technical implementation of accessible PDF documents. Until then, please contact us in individual cases to find a solution together.
- Keyboard usability is not always guaranteed: Some areas are not optimally accessible with the keyboard.
- Information, structure and relationships are not always fully identifiable: Some information, structures and relationships may be too small or not fully identifiable.
- Sensible reading order and focus order are not always given: Reading order and focus order, which are important for screen readers, do not always make sense. This can lead to longer paths until the correct information is focused or read aloud.
- Recorded audio or video content does not always have subtitles.
- Non-text content does not always have alternative texts: Not all images have the correct alternative texts. If we become aware of this during the editing of texts and images, we subsequently adjust the alternative texts accordingly.
The following content will not be made available barrier-free because this would result in a disproportionate burden for us:
- Subtitles for archived videos and audios: Videos and audios that are already part of the archive will not be subsequently subtitled.
- Archived yearbook entries, press releases and other articles: Articles of all kinds that have already been archived will not be subsequently revised for accessibility.
- Exceptions to the scope of accessibility requirements
- The following non-accessible content on this website does not fall within the scope of our accessibility requirements:
- Embedded (third-party) content (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Mastodon, Instagram)
- Reason for not being fully accessible
- The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science is continuously working on improving its websites. However, due to the large amount of material available, it has not yet been possible to make all content and services digitally accessible. We are striving to remove all barriers for people with disabilities in a timely manner.
Simplified monitoring for BITV 2
Further measures to improve the accessibility of our website
Improving colour contrasts: We are working on improving the colour contrasts to ensure an appealing appearance that at the same time meets the requirements of the "WCAG 2.0, AA criteria" for good readability.
Formal confirmation of the accessibility of our website
We have the following formal confirmation of the accessibility of our website:
- Recorded audio-only and video-only files have alternatives
- Instructions are understandable without reference to sensory features
- Screen orientation can be changed
- Purpose of user data form fields is identifiable.
- Colour is not the only information carrier
- Automatically played audio content can be controlled
- Font size can be adjusted
- Font graphics are customisable or indispensable
- Purpose of form fields for user data is identifiable
- There are no keyboard traps
- Character shortcuts are disengageable or customisable.
- Time limits are controllable
- Flashing is avoided
- Titles describe subject or purpose
- Pages can be found in various ways
- Headings and descriptive captions (labels) describe topic or purpose
- Complex pointer operation is dispensable
- Pointer entries can be cancelled or revoked
- Labels contain visible captions
- Movement activation is dispensable
- Language is excellent
- Focus does not lead to context change
- Input does not lead to context change
- Navigation is consistent
- Elements are labelled consistently
- Error messages are in text form
- Labels contain input hints
- Error messages contain suggested corrections
- Error prevention is supported (legal, financial, data)
- Syntax specifications are fulfilled
- Status messages are output without focus
Feedback and contact details
If you have noticed any accessibility barriers on our website, or if you have any comments or questions about accessibility, please feel free to contact us at the following address:
Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften e.V.
Telefon: +49 (89) 2108-0
If you believe that you are being discriminated against because of an inadequate accessible design of our website, you have the option of contacting the competent enforcement body:
Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung
IT-Dienstleistungszentrum des Freistaats Bayern
Durchsetzungs- und Überwachungsstelle für barrierefreie Informationstechnik
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This declaration was prepared on 02.02.2023.
The declaration was last reviewed on 07.06.2023.