Digital invoice processing
In February 2019, the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (MPG) introduced the processing of electronic invoices. Starting with the MPG’s General Administration (Administrative Headquarters), all institutes will make this change. Here you will find information, at what time each Max-Planck-Institute will make the switch towards reception of digital invoices.
With this project, the MPG will implement the federal government’s Regulation on Electronic Invoicing (E-Rechnungsverordnung), which results from the E.U. Directive 2014/55/EU.
With this regulation, all federal authorities and connected institutions are required to be able to receive invoices in electronic form, process them strictly without media disruption and store them.
Purposes and advantages
- Implementation of the Regulation on Electronic Invoicing
- Reception and processing of electronic invoices and supporting documents without media disruption
- Reduction of bureaucracy
- Reduction of costs and time required
- Faster processing and payment
- End-to-end information about the process status of each invoice
- Printed invoices will not be accepted by the MPG’s Administrative Headquarters any longer.
- Every individual e-mail must contain one invoice only.
- Invoice supporting documents must be sent in PDF format attached to the same e-mail containing the invoice. More than one document may be attached to each invoice. The file names of supporting documents must begin with “AT”. Example: Attachment = “AT54321.PDF”. The file name of the invoice itself must not begin with “AT” or “AN”.
- The Administrative Headquarters and each institute has its own email account. The System does not read the mails body, but processes the attachments automatically. Please do not send any questions or other documents.
These institutes are able to receive electronic invoices:
|Generalverwaltung der Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, Munichfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Goettingenemail@example.com|
|Max Planck Institute for Immunbiology and Epigenetics, Freiburgfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics, Garchingemail@example.com|
|MPI of Neurobiology, Martinsriedfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for comparative and international Private Law, Hamburgemail@example.com|
|MPI for the Structure and Dynamics of Matter, Hamburgfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresdenemail@example.com|
|MPI for Molecular Biomedicine, Muensterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Terrestrial Microbiology, Marburgemail@example.com|
|MPI for Astronomy, Heidelbergfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Infection Biology, Berlinemail@example.com|
|Max Planck Unit for the Science of Pathogens, Berlinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for the Study of Crime, Security and Law, Freiburgemail@example.com|
|MPI for Intelligent Systems, Stuttgartfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Solid State Research, Stuttgartemail@example.com|
|Stuttgart Research Campus, Administrationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Astrophysics, Garchingemail@example.com|
|MPI for extraterrestrial Physics, Garchingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Max Planck Computing and Data Facility, Garchingemail@example.com|
|MPI for experimental Medicine, Goettingenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for the Science of Light, Erlangenemail@example.com|
|MPI for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzigfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Chemical Physics of Solids, Dresdenemail@example.com|
|MPI for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresdenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Heart and Lung Research, Bad Nauheimemail@example.com|
|MPI for Evolutionary Biology, Ploenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Physics, Munichemail@example.com|
|Semiconductor Laboratory, Munichfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI of Biochemistry, Martinsriedemail@example.com|
|Animal House, Martinsriedfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Demographic Research, Rostockemail@example.com|
|MPI for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzigfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MPI for Plasma Physics, Garchingemail@example.com|