Data Protection Information - Events
Information on data processing pursuant to Art. 13 GDPR and Art. 14 GDPR
1. Contact details data controller
Data controller in the legal sense is the Max-Planck-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der Wissenschaften e. V. (MPG), Hofgartenstraße 8, D-80539 München, Germany, telephone: +49 (89) 2108-0.
2. Contact details Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of the controller is
Telephone: +49 (89) 2108-1554
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purposes of the data processing
The data are used solely for invitations to events of the Max Planck Society.
4. Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for data processing is the consent pursuant to Art. 6, para. 1, lit. a GDPR if you opt to subscribe to the "event newsletter" and Art. 6, para. 1, lit. f GDPR in all other cases.
5. Data recipients and categories of data recipients
The processing of your data is performed within the framework of order processing on computer systems of the Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen.
6. Duration of storage
Your contact details will be stored until you revoke your consent. Any other data collected will be erased after their purpose has been fulfilled.
7. Rights of data subjects
- Access (Article 15 GDPR)
- Rectification (Article 16 GDPR)
- Erasure (Article 17, para. 1 GDPR)
- Restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR)
- Data portability (Article 20 GDPR)
- Objection to processing (Article 21 GDPR)
- Withdrawal of consent (Article 7, para. 3 GDPR)
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR). For the MPG, this is BayLDA (Bavarian Data Protection Authority), Postfach 606, 91511 Ansbach.
8. Source of data
Contact details available on publicly accessible websites are collected from persons whose public office constitutes a legitimate interest in inviting them to events.
9. Foreign Language Pages
To the extent that parts of this Internet site are offered in languages other than German, this represents a service exclusively for staff and guests of the Max Planck Society who are not proficient in German.