A guest house for foreign scientists. Harnack House is inaugurated
Harnack House opened in Berlin-Dahlem in May 1929. It served as a club house for the staff of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institutes on campus and as a guest house for foreign scientists visiting the Dahlem institutes for research residencies. Boasting tennis courts, a library and a dining hall offering reasonably priced lunches, Harnack House quickly became a key communication hub. The general public also attended lectures and concerts at the house, and the President of the KWS would invite selected policymakers, business leaders and media representatives to join renowned scientists as his dinner guests.