The general meeting takes place outside Berlin for the first time
In 1927, the Kaiser Wilhelm Society invited delegates to its general meeting in Dresden – a first. Up until then, the annual general meeting had always been held in Berlin. This changed as the number of Scientific Members coming from outside Prussia increased and the KWS was keen to increase its visibility there. In 1928, the Kaiser Wilhelm Society was hosted in Munich and then in Heidelberg in 1930. The general meeting in Frankfurt was attended by as many as 1,400 people. The location was often chosen to coincide with the inauguration of a new institute. The programme of activities included steamboat trips, concerts and receptions organized by the host city.