Anthony A. Hyman
Born on May 27, 1962 in Haifa (Israel). Study of biology and zoology, doctorate Cambridge Univ., Kings College (1988), postdoc at Univ. of California/San Francisco (1988), group head at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL Heidelberg (1993), Director and Scientific Member at the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics (since 1998).
- Member of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 2020
- 19th Annual Wiley Prize in Biomedical Sciences 2020
- NOMIS Distinguished Scientist and Scholar Award2020
- Schleiden Medal from the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina 2017
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize 2011
- Elected Fellow of the Royal Society 2007