Job Code: 2316Job Offer from November 20, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Neurobiology of Behavior – caesar (MPINB) focuses on basic research in neuroethology. International researchers at the institute study how the collective activity of vast numbers of neurons gives rise to the plethora of animal behaviors. The interdisciplinary research spans from imaging neural circuits at the nanoscale to analyzing neural activity in a freely moving and naturally behaving animal.
We are inviting applications for the position of Assistant to the Managing Director (m/f/d) (full time).
In this role you work closely with the Managing Director, the head of administration and the scientific coordinator in a wide variety of tasks related to the institute management. You will work at the interface between the research groups, the service facilities, and the administration.
In particular, you will be involved in
- Project management of internal and third-party projects, such as assisting in the acquisition of new large equipment, put-ting collegium decisions into action, assisting with the acquisition of third-party funds, preparation of scientific reports and support in writing proposals
- Evaluation of the processes in the scientific facilities of the MPINB and implementation of the processes
- Assistant activities, such as onboarding of new scientific leadership positions, coordination of contributions to various reports, knowledge transfer between alternating managing directors
- Risk coordination
- A bachelor´s - or master´s degree in a science related field
- Excellent knowledge of German and English (spoken and written at least level B2)
- Reliable and independent mode of working
- Prior experiences in an international science organization
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to meet deadlines
- Detail orientated with a „can-do“ attitude and positive outlook
- Very good knowledge in using modern communication tools
- A position with all benefits of the public service (TVöD Bund) with a salary up to E12
- Pension plan of the public service (VBL) and a subsidized Jobticket
- A highly interactive work environment and collaborative atmosphere within an international scientific institute
- Further education and training and Corporate Health Management
- A family-friendly culture and flexible working hours
The position will be initially limited for two years with the prospect of a permanent contract afterwards. The position may also be filled on a part-time basis, provided that job sharing ensures that duties can be performed in scope of a full-time job. The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, re-gardless of gender, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Severely disabled applicants will be given preferential treatment if they are equally qualified.
Please apply online until 18.12.2023. You can easily upload your application there.