Job Code: gw21/009
Job Offer from March 18, 2021
The Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics as an institute of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science (registered association) is one of the leading centres for fusion research and is engaged in developing the physical foundations for a future fusion power plant. The institute is affiliated to the European Fusion Programme.
The Max-Planck-Institute for Plasma Physics in Greifswald offers within the division W7-X operation a position for a PhD physicist / PostDoc (m/f/d)
- Scientific guidance and monitoring of all the standard processes for cleaning of the plasma vessel wall (as plasma vessel baking, Helium Glow Discharge plasmas, Boronization and RF-plasmas) including the scientific analysis. For all processes (expect the RF plasmas), you will also work on the execution.
- Gas analysis: Evaluation der QMS-data as operation diagnostics as well as detecting causes during conditioning (Baking, Glow discharges, boronizing) in selected experiments and during the regeneration of the cryo pumps at W7-X.
- Participation in the technical operation team of Wendelstein 7-X
- Conceptual design of gas inlet and gas supply in case of further changes of the system
- Doctoral degree in physics
- profound experience in gas inlet, gas supply and analysis of residual gas
- solid knowledge and experience in Helium Glow Discharge plasma and Bake-out process
- Ability to fluently present complex scientific and technical matters in English
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; high competence in team working
- Ability to work and integrate in an international team
- an interesting job working on one of the largest scientific projects
- The salary is according to the TVöD Bund grade E13
- flexible working hours
- training and further education opportunities
- company pension scheme
- Other social benefits
The position is limited to a duration of two years.
The IPP seeks to increase the proportion of employed women in those areas where they are underrepresented and explicitly encourages women to apply for this position. The IPP is committed to employing more disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
For information on data protection and the handling of your personal data please visit our website
Are you currently interested?
Then we are looking forward to your complete online application