Administrative Headquarters gets a permanent home in Berlin

1922

original
Photo: The Berlin Palace, seat of the General Administration, Archives of the Max Planck Society.

In 1922, an expanding administrative headquarters moved into new and prestigious offices in the Berlin Palace, which had been repurposed after the end of the monarchy. From then on, the Senate also met in the offices and meeting rooms there. In the years that followed, the annual general meetings were held in the Berlin Palace too, and it soon became home to the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute of History and the KWI for Private Law and International Law.

Go to Editor View