Job Offer from June 21, 2022
The Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics, Halle (Saale), Germany, Department of Nanophotonics, Integration and Neural Technology, led by Director Prof. Joyce Poon, is recruiting a Research Scientist (m/f/d) in Integrated Photonics to conduct innovative projects on display engines, neurotechnology and optical computing. The mission of our department os to invent devices and microsystems for future computing. English is the working language at the Institute.
- Train and supervise students and postdocs to complete projects in integrated photonics on silicon
- Establish and run research projects on photonic devices and systems that use foundry manufacturing, ideally leveraging the silicon photonics foundry partnerships and wafer runs in the department
- Integrate photonic chips into microsystems that include, for example, electronics, physical optical components and microfluidics
- Interact and collaborate with external partners and suppliers as necessary
- Prepare and submit grant proposals to support new projects as necessary
- You hold a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering or applied physics with a minimum of 3 years of postdoctoral experience
- You have expert knowledge in the simulation, design, layout and characteriziation of integrated photonic devices and systems (both active and passive)
- You are experienced with the design-fab-test cycles using silicon photonic foundries
- You have a demonstrated track-record of research productivity and impact (as evidenced by publications in leading journals and conferences, awards, intellectual property)
- You are intellectually curious and a fast learner
- You are an effective team player who excels in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- State-of-the-art lab facilities for integrated photonics research
- The opportunity to lead and initiate research projects using the latest integrated photonic technologies
- The opportunity to interact with a wide network of international collaborators
- Remuneration and social benefits at TVoeD E15 level (German Civil Servant pay scale)
- Fixed-term contract initially for 3 years, with the potential of extension
- Start date: as early as possible
- Please upload your CV, publication list, a summary of your research accomplishments (2 pages max.) and a description of your research plans (3 pages max.) and the names of 2 references as a single pdf file to GWDG ownCloud before September 30, 2022. Please name your file with your name as lastname_firstname.pdf (your file has been successfully uploaded if you see your filename under “Uploaded files” after your submission).
- If you encounter problems with the upload, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about our department, please visit https://www.mpi-halle.mpg.de/NINT
The Max Planck Society aims to employ more persons with disabilities. applications from persons with disabilities are encouraged. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underepresented and therefore encourages women to apply.