Job Offer from April 19, 2022
The Max Planck Institute for Microstructure Physics in Halle (Saale), Germany, Department of Nanophotonics, Integration, and Neural Technology (NINT) led by Director Prof. Joyce Poon, is recruiting an Integrated Photonics Designer (m/f/d) for projects on display engines and brain implants. The mission of the department is to invent devices and microsystems for future computing. English is the working language at the Institute.
- Collaborate with the team to complete projects in silicon integrated photonics
- Design, layout, and characterize integrated photonic devices and circuits fabricated on silicon
- Integrate the photonic chips into microsystems that include, for example, electronics, physical optical components, and microfluidics
- Interact with external partners and suppliers as necessary
- You have earned or will soon earn a M.S. or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, applied physics, or a related discipline
- You have expert knowledge in the simulation, design, and layout of integrated photonic devices and circuits (both active and passive)
- You are highly proficient with CAD and simulation tools such as Lumerical, COMSOL
- You are experienced in the characterization of active and passive silicon integrated photonic devices and circuits
- You are experienced with the design-fab-test cycles using silicon photonic foundries
- You have a demonstrated track-record of innovation and productivity
- You are intellectually curious and a fast learner
- You are an effective team player who excels in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, interdisciplinary and international environment
- You have good written and oral communication skills in English
- The opportunity to work with and learn about the latest integrated photonic technologies
- The opportunity to interact with a wide network of international collaborators
- Remuneration and social benefits according to TVöD (German Civil Servant pay scale)
- Fixed-term contract initially for 2 years, with the potential of extension
- Start date: As soon as possible
The Max Planck Society aims to employ more persons with disabilities. Applications from persons with disabilities are encouraged. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore encourages women to apply.
Please upload your CV and the names of two references as a single pdf file to GWDG ownCloud. Please name your file with your name as lastname_firstname.pdf. Your file has been successfully uploaded if you see your filename under “Uploaded files” after your submission. If you encounter problems with the file upload, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.