Job Offer from July 11, 2018
The Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg, offers a Masters Thesis "Development of cell-free enzyme cascade".
Glycosylation is an important modification of proteins, and is involved in the regulation of biological activity and stability of many proteins. At the MPI Magdeburg, in-vitro enzyme cascades are build up to produce glycans and activated sugars. These are used as substrate in glycosylation reactions. We offer multiple exciting projects in this field. The focus of the projects will be as follows:
- Recombinant production of enzymes in microbial systems and downstream processing
- Establishing multienzyme cascades for the efficient synthesis of lipid-linked oligosaccharides
The candidates will have the opportunity to work on key technologies and use state-of-the-art equipment. In-depth supervision and training will be provided by MPI staff.
- Background in Biotechnology, Technical Biology, Bioprocess Engineering, Bioengineering
- Good experience of lab works and ideally, experience with one of the following techniques: protein expression, protein purification and molecular biology methods
- Motivation, curiosity and ability to work in a team
- Exciting research projects and the opportunity to develop key technologies
- First-class supervision and thorough training by our staff
- Training on state-of-the-art equipment for biotechnological research and development
- Acquisition of expertise in a key technology of the future
Applications in German or English are welcome. Please include your CV and transcript of records.
Dr. Thomas Rexer
Phone: +49 (0) 391 6110 375
Reza Mahour, MSc
Phone: +49 (0) 391 6110 371